How to be a good friend to someone with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder).
Nate’s channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/ocdandanxiety
0:00 – Intro
1:00 – I’m so OCD
2:30 – I don’t think they have OCD
3:50 – It’s all in your head
5:39 – You don’t expect me to do this do you?
7:44 – Is there anything I can do to help?
8:30 – Just get up off the couch
10:05 – You don’t look OCD
10:54 – I can’t answer that for you
11:56 – Stop being so crazy
12:48 – And the winner is…
– 25 Tips for Succeeding in Your OCD Treatment: https://youtu.be/fPtjx2ysxa8
– Psychologist Explains OCD: Real Symptoms & Debunking Stereotypes: https://youtu.be/iXnVjqeAzP4
– Psychologist Explains Good Versus Bad OCD treatment: https://youtu.be/jgXxmmHH71A
– What is OCD? https://iocdf.org/about-ocd/
– OCD statistics: https://www.nimh.nih.gov/health/statistics/obsessive-compulsive-disorder-ocd
– How is OCD treated: https://youtu.be/AQNsjMtMFO4
– Do I have OCD? https://instituteofliving.org/File%20Library/Assessment%20Tools/OCD-Assessment.htm
– A Psychological and Neuroanatomical Model of Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4476073/
This video was edited by Dominique Taylor.
Connect with Ali:
Discord ► https://discord.gg/S2X3YAJxbM
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
TikTok ► https://www.tiktok.com/@alimattuphd
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
For information purposes only. Does not constitute clinical advice. Consult your local medical authority for advice. The information in this video was accurate as of the upload date, November 2, 2022.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-8-8 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_emergency_telephone_numbers
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: https://findahelpline.com/i/iasp
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit https://www.crisistextline.org
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room