Real psychologist reacts to the best memes created by socially isolated college youth stuck doing online courses in closed universities.
Check out more Zoom Memes for Self Quaranteens: https://www.facebook.com/groups/zoommemes/.
0:14 – Why zoom is exhausting
1:48 – Why you’re checked out from your online classes
3:04 – The unique stressors impacting Gen Z (aka Quaranteens)
4:59 – Healthcare can no longer be linked to employment
5:44 – We are all in survival mode right now
6:31 – Farts
6:45 – My daughter interrupts everything now
7:00 – Being productive during sheltering in place and social distancing
7:41 – The class of 2020
8:34 – When you can’t work from a coffee shop anymore
9:34 – Sleep and nightmares during coronavirus.
10:25 – What to buy to make yourself feel better
12:19 – How resources impacts your experience of this crisis
13:11 – Teenagers need more sleep and they’re finally getting it
13:49 – Grieving the loss of our way of life
14:44 – Screentime is stupid
15:42 – Boba
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, Aaron F., Samuel H., Marisa H.,Tae T., Steve M.,, Bryan T., Nicky C., Samuel A., Anton T., Jennifer C., Shanda W., Saleem H. P., Sri S., Alex N., Denise J., Emily W., Samar, Lars B., Pipitchy, Emily, Troy C., Alexandre V., Jose, Julie, H., Rebecca E., Mariana D. M., Karl S., Cesalie S., Greg M., Christy, BobC, Sam, Lena F. H., Andrey V. M., Sya R., 12tone, Mina K., Boone G., Laura, and Carolyn W. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at https://www.Patreon.com/ThePsychShow.
* Mental health during the coronavirus outbreak playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLItaCgXIQkHcMBJsfW2EY_nsbXc_osaLw
* Real psychologist reacts to playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLItaCgXIQkHf_LNvkG98dy0pXi9zd3Kla
‘Zoom fatigue’ is taxing the brain. Here’s why that happens: https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/2020/04/coronavirus-zoom-fatigue-is-taxing-the-brain-here-is-why-that-happens/
* APA Stress in America: https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/
* Will the Coronavirus Forever Alter the College Experience? https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/education/learning/coronavirus-online-education-college.html
* Coronavirus is exposing all of the weaknesses in the US health system: https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2020/3/16/21173766/coronavirus-covid-19-us-cases-health-care-system
* Living during a traumatic event: 4 skills to recover and grow: https://youtu.be/-_h8WQPDe_o
* To all seniors graduating during the coronavirus outbreak: https://youtu.be/f8xpYfQBitw
* Atomic Habits: An Easy & Proven Way to Build Good Habits & Break Bad Ones by James Clear: https://amzn.to/2vnFBPi
* How to get better sleep at night: https://youtu.be/eg8VRjHZgXI
* American Academy of Pediatrics policy on teenage sleep: https://www.aappublications.org/news/2016/06/13/Sleep061316
* Two-year study finds later school start times improve student sleep: https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/late-school-start-times-teenager-student-sleep-duration/
* ‘Screen Time’ Is Over. The phrase can’t remotely capture our ever-shifting digital experience, social scientists say. Say hello to the “screenome.”: https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/31/health/screen-time-mental-health-screenome.html
* Coronavirus Ended the Screen-Time Debate. Screens Won: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/31/technology/coronavirus-screen-time.html
* Don’t Freak Out About Quarantine Screen Time. The evidence directly linking children’s screen time to cognitive and social harm seems, in reality, to be paper thin: https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/06/opinion/screen-time-kids-covid.html
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
Looked Back, Saw Nothing by Twin Musicom is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of…
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis…
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline…
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room
Choose Your Fitness Classes With Care and Have Maximum Health Benefits
You should consult an expert before embarking on a fitness journey as this gives you an indication of treading the right path. So, be careful in selection of your fitness classes and join only a gym that meets your requirements with ease.
The Impact Of Shift Work On Health
The health and motivation for shift work has been known to have its own peculiar demands. This has set it apart from jobs that have traditional hours of work. Shift work has its own health merits.
The Therapeutic Value of Tears
Tears are therapeutic. Crying is Nature’s way of relieving tension. Tears flush out negative emotions and make people feel better. Bottling up emotions makes a person repressed and liable to adverse physical symptoms such as cardiovascular and stress related disorders.
3 Reasons You Should Love Your Gut
You probably don’t spend a lot of time thinking about your gut, unless it is causing you discomfort. I certainly wasn’t thinking about my gut when I was eating fast food and drinking sugary pop. But when it started causing me problems, I started to notice.
Top 2 Home Remedies For Ringworm
Ringworm can be stubborn to treat especially when it affects the toenails, fingernails and scalp. Ringworm is caused by fungi (microorganism) known as dermatophytes. They flourish in warm, moist environments.