How do we determine what’s healthy and unhealthy when so many people are experiencing anxiety, depression, and trauma symptoms during the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19)?
0:23 – Typical reactions to coronavirus (COVID-19)
0:42 – Depression like symptoms during coronavirus (COVID-19)
1:20 – Anxiety like symptoms during coronavirus (COVID-19)
1:47 – Trauma like symptoms during coronavirus (COVID-19)
2:39 – OCD like symptoms during coronavirus (COVID-19)
4:02 – Generalized anxiety like symptoms during coronavirus (COVID-19)
5:31 – How we define what mental illness is
6:28 – Identifying who needs more help during coronavirus (COVID-19)
* They already had an anxiety disorder. Then the coronavirus pandemic hit: https://www.latimes.com/science/story/2020-03-25/managing-anxiety-disorder-in-coronavirus-pandemic
* COVID-19 anxiety taking a toll? There’s a subreddit for that: https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/25/21193950/covid-19-coronavirus-anxiety-subreddit-community-support-group
* How People In Support Groups Are Caring For Themselves During Coronavirus: https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/christopherm51/coronavirus-mental-health
* Anxiety and depression likely to spike among Americans as coronavirus pandemic spreads: https://abcnews.go.com/Health/anxiety-depression-spike-americans-coronavirus-pandemic-spreads/story?id=69749677
* ‘Hope vs. hopelessness’ – navigating mental health diagnoses in the time of coronavirus: https://www.pressherald.com/2020/03/23/hope-vs-hopelessness-navigating-mental-health-diagnoses-in-the-time-of-coronavirus/
* ”This is going to compound your problems”: Coronavirus poses new challenge for many with mental illness: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-outbreak-and-mental-illness/
Want to talk to Dr. Ali Mattu? Join the call in show by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zsWcpP1u9oulbX3Z7J6r_XTdmI0UPSZVV-TLtzappx0/
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, Aaron F., Samuel H., Marisa H.,Tae T., Steve M.,, Bryan T., Nicky C., Samuel A., Anton T., Jennifer C., Shanda W., Saleem H. P., Sri S., Alex N., Denise J., Emily W., Samar, Lars B., Pipitchy, Emily, Troy C., Alexandre V., Jose, Julie, H., Rebecca E., Mariana D. M., Karl S., Cesalie S., Greg M., Christy, BobC, Sam, Lena F. H., Andrey V. M., Sya R., and Meka H. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at https://www.Patreon.com/ThePsychShow.
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
THE PSYCH SHOW! Creating mental health videos that educate, entertain, and empower! Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of…
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis…
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline…
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room
4 Underutilized Services at Your Local Barber
A trip to the barber has long been equated with a haircut. However, these stylists actually offer a number of services, including shaves, trims, facials, and colorings.
The Importance of Non-Emergency Medical Transportation
Non-emergency medical transportation is the backbone to ensuring health care gets to those who need it. Recent changes in Medicare laws make it a mandatory requirement for those in low-income areas.
Do You Have Cysts, Growths or Tumours?
A cyst is a pouch or sac with a membrane around it and no real opening. It is usually filled with fluid or some kind of matter and can develop in an organ or in any body cavity. It can also be filled with hardened material. Some health professionals believe that some cysts can be caused by free radical calcium or an imbalance of minerals in the body.
New Innovations for Varicose Veins Treatment
Vascular issues plague many people. Outdated varicose veins treatments are often difficult and uncomfortable for patients, but newer options are more effective and less invasive.
The Health of the Immune and Lymphatic System
While we often talk about the immune system, it can be hard to visualise exactly what it is and how it works in practice. The immune system is one of the most incredible and complex systems in the body, able to spring into action in defence against harmful ‘invaders’ (like bacteria and viruses) within minutes by releasing antibodies. As one of our most important health assets, it therefore makes sense to do all we can to support and even boost our immunity