If you’re a senior in high school or college and are struggling with how the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is impacting your senior year, I have a message for you.
1:07 – Be upset about coronavirus
2:06 – Tolerate uncertainty
4:08 – Grieve this loss
5:14 – Struggle strengthens bonds
5:44 – This doesn’t take away from everything you’ve done
6:21 – Learn from setbacks and failures
* JED Foundation’s COVID-19 Tips and Resources: https://www.jedfoundation.org/covid19-tips-and-resources/
* NPR: Graduation, Financial Aid, Admissions — For This Year’s College-Bound, The Future Is In Turmoil: https://www.npr.org/2020/03/22/818722786/graduation-financial-aid-admissions-for-this-years-college-bound-the-future-is-i
* American Psychological Association’s Stress in America Survey: https://www.apa.org/news/press/releases/stress/
* APA Help Center: https://www.apa.org/helpcenter/
* How to learn from failure and setbacks: https://youtu.be/0fnbAw5RI-k
* Coronavirus (COVID-19) and mental health: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLItaCgXIQkHcMBJsfW2EY_nsbXc_osaLw
Want to talk to Dr. Ali Mattu? Join the call in show by filling out this form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1zsWcpP1u9oulbX3Z7J6r_XTdmI0UPSZVV-TLtzappx0/
Special thanks to Elizabeth S., Tyler D., Anna H., Arnt J., Collin P., Evan A., Imran M., Sam D., Ryan L., Sophie Y., Ahmed Y, Israel P., Neuro Transmissions, Eric E., Eve P., Lauren K., BrainCraft, Aaron F., Samuel H., Marisa H.,Tae T., Steve M.,, Bryan T., Nicky C., Samuel A., Anton T., Jennifer C., Shanda W., Saleem H. P., Sri S., Alex N., Denise J., Emily W., Samar, Lars B., Pipitchy, Emily, Troy C., Alexandre V., Jose, Julie, H., Rebecca E., Mariana D. M., Karl S., Cesalie S., Greg M., Christy, BobC, Sam, Lena F. H., Andrey V. M., Sya R., and Meka H. for making this episode possible! Learn how you can help me make The Psych Show and get exclusive behind the scenes access in return at https://www.Patreon.com/ThePsychShow.
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
THE PSYCH SHOW! Creating mental health videos that educate, entertain, and empower! Produced, written, and edited by clinical psychologist Ali Mattu, Ph.D. All videos are provided for informational purposes only and do not constitute clinical advice.
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of…
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis…
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline…
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room
Should You Treat Bronchitis At Home Or Should You Go To A Doctor?
Bronchitis is an infection that affects the main airways present in the lungs. This makes the airways inflamed and irritated. The infection usually starts with a cough which brings up a lot of yellow colored mucus and it could be coupled with a sore throat or wheezing.
Overview of Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Endoscopic spine surgery is a minimally invasive surgery that is done to your spine when you have pain that cannot be relieved using other types of treatments. A doctor will recommend this type of operation so that a patient can be rid of chronic pain that otherwise will not stop after medication, therapy, and other executed actions.
Here’s Why You Should Look at Health and Fitness As a Lifestyle Change
Wondering why fitness is really a lifestyle change? Well let’s take a look at a recent exercise study that was conducted. The study concluded that exercise can assist people who would traditionally fail at quitting their smoking habit, find a way to eventually quit smoking. Yes, that is correct, exercise can be used as a vehicle to help an individual stop smoking. And here is the reason behind it.
A Brief Discussion of Common Incontinence Aids
Urinary catheters are small, flexible tubes used for collecting urine from the body. The condom catheter is used for the same purpose, but unlike all other catheter types, they are not inserted into the user’s urethra. Doctors usually recommend these external units to individuals who need to use a catheter only for a short span of time.
Is Turmeric Curcumin A Healthy Alternative?
Majority of the way a person live these days are quicker, while fast foods are perfect diets since it’s a grab and go for individuals with very busy schedules. As a result of convenient diet, the overall health is compromise and the average lifespan becomes shorter. This is exactly why health advocates are now encouraging people to find healthy alternatives and turmeric curcumin is one of those.