The coronavirus outbreak has completely disrupted daily life. Clinical psychologist Dr. Ali Mattu shows you how to cope when social events are canceled, you are socially isolated, or in quarantine.
0:08 – Why the coronavirus has disrupted our lives
2:00 – How does this outbreak impact our mental health?
6:08 – Skill 1: Bring your offline support online
8:55 – Skill 2: End the endless scroll of social media and the news
12:48 – Skill 3: Reboot your system for habits, rituals, and routines
16:02 – Skill 4: Master a thing that absorbs your mind and challenges you to grow
20:31 – Skill 5: Understand the different between distancing and isolation
23:21 – Skill 6: Find compassion
* Why fighting the coronavirus depends on you: https://youtu.be/dSQztKXR6k0
* How to overcome depression: https://youtu.be/Gljq2FHzTvY
* Chris Hadfield’s Space Oddity: https://youtu.be/KaOC9danxNo
* How to Remember Your Life: https://youtu.be/GLy4VKeYxD4
* Coronavirus playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLItaCgXIQkHcMBJsfW2EY_nsbXc_osaLw
* Mental health resources: https://www.massgeneral.org/psychiatry/guide-to-mental-health-resources/
* The psychological impact of quarantine and how to reduce it: rapid review of the evidence: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0140673620304608
* Timely mental health care for the 2019 novel coronavirus outbreak is urgently needed: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(20)30046-8/fulltext
* CDC Coronavirus updates: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html
* World Health Organization coronavirus updates: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019
* Johns Hopkins Coronavirus resource center: https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/
* Coronavirus: How to protect your mental health: https://www.bbc.com/news/health-51873799
* Psychologists offer insights on how to separate yourself from others, while still getting the social support you need: https://www.apa.org/practice/programs/dmhi/research-information/social-distancing
* 7 Ways to Watch Netflix Together With Friends Far Away: https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watch-netflix-with-friends-far-away/
* Atomic Habits by James Clear: https://amzn.to/2IX1FmO
* Why We’re Polarized by Ezra Klein: https://amzn.to/39YdpBn
* Building a Life Worth Living: A Memoir by Marsha Linehan: https://amzn.to/3d80OxK
* An Astronaut’s Guide to Life on Earth by Chris Hadfield: https://amzn.to/3d7H3Gi
* Free online college courses: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/ivy-league-free-online-courses-a0d7ae675869/
* University of Pennsylvania: Positive Psychology: Resilience Skills: https://www.classcentral.com/course/positive-psychology-resilience-8331?utm_source=fcc_medium&utm_medium=web&utm_campaign=ivy_league_courses_2020
* Crash Course: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX6b17PVsYBQ0ip5gyeme-Q
* Crash Course Psychology: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtOPRKzVLY0jJY-uHOH9KVU6
* Crash Course History of Science: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtNppY8ZHMPDH5TKK2UpU8Ng
* Crash Course Video Games: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8dPuuaLjXtPTrc_yg73RghJEOdobAplG
* How to Remember Your Life by Johnny Harris: https://youtu.be/GLy4VKeYxD4
* Just give your children screens (for now): https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/14/parenting/just-give-them-the-screens-for-now.html?0p19G=0038
* How to take an effective break from your work: https://www.apa.org/monitor/2019/01/break
* Coronavirus: How to work from home, the right way: https://www.bbc.com/worklife/article/20200312-coronavirus-covid-19-update-work-from-home-in-a-pandemic
* How to work from home with kids (without losing it): https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/16/success/working-from-home-with-kids-coronavirus/index.html
* Dr. Kristin Kunkle: http://www.washingtonanxietycenter.com/psychologists.html
Connect with Ali:
Twitter ► http://twitter.com/alimattu
Facebook ► http://www.facebook.com/thepsychshow
Instagram ► http://instagram.com/alimattu
Snapchat ► https://www.snapchat.com/add/alimattu
Patreon ► https://www.patreon.com/thepsychshow
Email ► [email protected]
Website ► http://alimattu.com/
If you or someone you know needs help immediately, you should take one of the following actions:
– call 9-1-1 in the United States or your country’s emergency number: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of…
– call the Lifeline at 1-800-273 TALK (8255) in the United States or a global crisis hotlines: http://www.iasp.info/resources/Crisis…
– text START to 741-741 in the United States or visit http://chat.suicidepreventionlifeline…
– go to your nearest hospital emergency room
Top 4 Myths of Coconut Oil: What Is the Truth?
Coconut oil’s popularity is increasing day by day. Whilst there are many articles and statements in the web claiming this product to be one of the miraculous foods available today, there are still those who beg the different. In this midst of arguments and discussions, myths are born, some true and some false. These myths have become so popular that, people believe each and every one of them, even if it is a false one. Therefore, to prepare ourselves better, we need to search for the truth and this article aims to achieve just that.
Top Tips for Preparing for Laser Spine Surgery
Laser spine surgery is a procedure that is now widely used to treat a number of back conditions, including sciatica, radiculopathy, annular tears, lumbar disc herniations and several more. It is particularly popular with patients as it is a minimally invasive procedure, and only local anaesthetic is required, differentiating it from other types of back surgery.
A Guide To Choosing The Right Pediatrician
You may be enjoying the stage of being pregnant or you may have already welcomed a new little life into this world. Whichever way, this time is a very exciting one but there are a number of responsibilities that need to be taken care of. Besides selecting the name and baby-proofing the house, it is also very important to choose a good pediatrician for your child so that his or her medical needs are taken care of properly.
Heath And Fitness
Health connotes a state in which the body is free of injury or illness. Fitness, on the other hand, is synonymous with health, and it alludes to the quality of being able to accomplish a particular role or task.
Important Things You Need to Know About Naturopathic Doctors
More and more people are beginning to cross over to naturopathic medicine and hire doctors who perform these services. The great thing about naturopathic care is that it’s available for the entire family. Some naturopathic doctors offer OB/GYN services, as well as allergy testing and treatment. Enclosed are Some facts worth knowing about naturopathic doctors if you are considering seeing seeing one.